Friday, January 20, 2017

Common Core

Well it's officially the time of year where I start to see what I have taught my students and what we still need to hit. We use Lucy Calkin's Reading and Writing Workshop. I love the workshop format, but there are definitely some gaps when looking at the Common Core standards!

Every year, I print out the standards and highlight what I still need to get to. I always seem to have the most highlights in the "Language" section. Giving students the freedom to choose what they want to read just does not cover those grammar and language standards! 

I decided to create a pack that covered the standards that I think my students are lacking the most within that standard! I plan to use this pack as morning and warm up work for a quick 5-10 minutes a day.

            Click here to try the pack in your class!



I created these sheets to go quickly (there just isn't enough time!) I have the students try the sheet on their own and then use the "going over" time to teach a QUICK but effective lesson on that skill. 

I am going to try and do just one skill a day for the next few days. Hopefully, the students will start to apply these skills in their writing, spelling, and reading! 

If you have any tricks for squeezing in these skills, let me know!

Check out other common core products below!

No comments:

Post a Comment