Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Snow and Flexibility

Well we had our first Snow Day yesterday... and a delayed opening this morning! I'm not going to complain about that! However, this does make me think... how am I going to going to squeeze everything in that I was planning this week? The answer is... I'm not!

One tip that has gotten me through the past five years is being flexible! I had planned to finish reading poetry this week (check out Rockin Resources for some awesome poetry stuff..some of it is free too!) so we could start writing poems next week. Well, it's not going to happen... and that's ok! When I talk to first year teacher's I always hear, "But what about your lesson plan. What are you going to write? Are you going to change them..." and my answer is, "It's ok. It was a plan and my plans changed!"

Instead of worrying about what my plans say, I am going to look at them and see, is there anything in here that I can shorten or take out? Maybe something I can have them work on with a partner instead of by themselves to move it along. If there is a chance for that then great! I'll try it. If not, well then my plans are already written for next week (yay!).

So while I sit here and enjoy my delay, I am also updating some old products (and watching Friends and sipping my coffee). Check them out!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment