Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Using QR Codes in the Classroom

Engagement, engagement, engagement... that was recently the big movement in my school. Everyone was searching for ways to engage the students. That is when I discovered QR CODES! Honestly, they were like the light at the end of the tunnel. Kids LOVE QR codes. When I say we are going to do QR Task Cards there is literally a gasp that goes throughout the classroom.

QR Codes are for EVERYONE! New and experienced, young and old, outgoing and shy, boy and girl!

I implore you to try them. 

Not sure how? 

It is SO easy... too easy. 

First, you have to buy or get something that has QR codes on it (obviously). TPT has a ton of task cards...check out my store ;) that have these codes. Have your students use any device. My students use chromebooks, but ipads, ipods, cell phones, computers or any device with a little camera on top will work. Either download a QR Reader App or go to any QR Reader Website. My favorite is https://www.the-qrcode-generator.com/scan. It is so easy to use. The kids simply hold the QR Code up to their camera and BAM! the answer appears!

The kids literally think its magic. 

I use QR Code Task Cards as a center because it's perfect for self monitoring. The kids are able to check their own answers. Sometimes, they'll even make it a game. I always tell them they can run the center however they want... man can they get creative!



This is my new set of Main Idea and Details Task Cards with QR Codes. 

Still scared? 

Just try it! Trust me... the kids will figure it out in 2 seconds and you can just pretend you know what they're doing... 

Comment and let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment